Thursday 6 October 2011

holesom

Sliding is Smelling Holesom

nom_copy

It was early February and I had surfwax in my hand. I smelled it and I smelled summer, pretty girls with dark tans shimmering in cocoa butter tanning oil, I smelled the sea mist wafting in off the crest of an onshore peak. I smelled the official smells of surfing courtesy of a bar of sexwax. And I smiled because I had a good idea: bring smell to skating. We never planned on doing slide pucks until that moment, and then we couldn’t not do them. As LBL always says, “be innovative, don’t just copy what everybody else is doing”. And if we were going to do this… they would be the best pucks on the market or we would bail the whole effort. We laid out 5 things to perfect in this order: 1. material, 2. shape, 3. design (holes), 4. color and 5. smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment